Propeller

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I-Octane Invades New York, Kicks Off Tour Feb.12

I-Octane invaded New York's Tri-State area with not one but three stellar performances last week.  After a whirlwind media tour at the end of January, I-Octane returned to New York a week later for his anticipated performances at SOBs in New York City, Temptations Night Club in Brooklyn and The Hut in New Jersey.

On Monday, February 7, 2011, I-Octane was the headline artist at the first Rock With Squeeze installment of 2011.  Hosted by David "Squeeze" Annakie, CEO of LinkUp Media and Publisher of JAMROC Magazine, the weekly event was the perfect platform to kick-off a week of scheduled performances.  Despite freezing temps and rain, fans came out at 7pm to see the show.  At showtime, the singjay blazed the stage to screams from fans and opened his performance with single No Love Inna Dem.

I-Octane wowed the crowd with other hits such as My Life, Lose A Friend, Puff It, Mine Who Yuh A Dis, among others.  The venue came alive with every song as patrons mouthed every word and danced until the end of his set.  At the end of his performance, Squeeze conducted an on-stage interview.  At that time a request from a fan to be serenaded by the singjay was granted.  I-Octane sang Everytime You Touch Me, a favorite among his female fans, which was apparent when all the ladies began screaming.

Then on Wednesday, February 9, 2011, Brooklyn's Temptations Nightclub came alive.  In front of hundreds of fans at Wah A Gwaan Wednesdays I-Octane brought the same energy from Monday night to the stage.  Among fans, industry elites such as Jabba and Mr. Cee of Hot 97 and Diva Nikki Z were on hand to witness the singjay's tireless performance.  Promoter Johnny Wonder remarks "I-Octane's performance on February 9th at a jam packed Temptations in Brooklyn was historical. The fans and media were in a frenzy.  Jabba and Mister Cee were in attendance to witness the I-Octane movement.  I've kept many shows in Brooklyn at Temptations and have never seen the hard core Brooklyn garrison audience that accepted and received an artist like they did I-Octane.  Hapilos, Steelie Bashment and I are proud of this very successful promotion. I-Octane has arrived and he isn't going anywhere any time soon."  Jabba added, "I really enjoyed the show.  Much respect to Johnny Wonder for bringing I-Octane to Brooklyn at Wah A Gwaan Wednesday first.  Mr. Snow you can't stop the fire."

Mr. Cee, host of Hot 97's popular "Throwback at Noon" added to the mounting list of raving reviews, "To hear I-Octane's music is one thing but to see him perform live is a must.  I-Octane is that next dude."

I-Octane rounded out his slew of performances at The Hut in Newark, New Jersey on Thursday, February 10, 2011.  Like SOBs and Temptations Night Club, the singjay was well received by fans and performed to a pack house.  The highlight of the night came in the form of a dedication to those who recently lost a friend or a loved one.  I-Octane serenaded the sold out venue with his hit Lose A Friend.

It is clear that I-Octane has not only tapped into a new fan base but most importantly he has earned the respect of those in the industry - "I-Octane is a shining example of what an artist should be.  He does not have a song on major market radio nor does he have the hype behind him but he was still able to take on a mixed crowd and hold their attention.  This is a perfect example of where reggae and dancehall should be.  He makes me proud and he should make Jamaica proud."  Diva Nikki Z

What's next?  The singer will begin his "My Life" tour on Saturday, February 12, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below