Propeller

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Video Director Icey Jace Wins First Award

When the polls of the 2nd Annual 2011 Cari Vibez Video Web Award closed last Friday night, music video director Chris "Icey Jace" Campbell was amongst 10 individuals who came out victories after a well contested month of voting. Campbell who won by some 40 votes ahead of 2010 winner Jay Will last year took the market by storm directing a host of videos including the much talked about Leftside & Mystic "Want Yuh Body Remix", Ishawna "Legendary", Chedda & QQ "Cleanest" and Trawma with "Send Me Some Success".

Campbell who founder the video production company "Icey Jace Film Factory" described the win as a blessing. "Well right now I feel honored in accepting this as my very 1st award since I started shooting videos 2 years ago. I work hard so I take nothing for granted and this is something I got from my mother, looking back 2010 was an awesome year I shot my very first video in June for a New Jersey based dancehall artist called Conflict and from then things began falling into place".

Having directed a total of 8 music video last year Campbell explained that Icey Jace Film Factory is now focused on quality and not so much quantity. "Last year the company which I run alongside my partner Renesa "Lola B" Wright did well overall, Ishawna's video was in the top 5 of the RETV MVP Video Countdown and Leftside's video debuted at #1 on the Cari Vibez Top 10 video Chart so the emphasis is now on showcasing our creativity".

Other winners at this years Cari Vibez award include I Eye who won Breakout Video Of The Year, Lady Saw for Female Video Of The Year, I Octane for Male Video Of The Year, Stephen "Di Genius" McGregor for Producer Of The Year, Chad "Global Bob" Torrington for International Male Dancer Of The Year, Kim LaQueen for Female Dancer Of The Year, Alborosie for International Video Of The Year, Drastic Sugary Waistline for Soca Video Of The Year and finally Taddy P alongside Mackie Conscious for Collab Video Of The Year.

Each winner will be presented with a Crystal Globe Tower 9 inches in height, 2.5 inches in width and 2 inches in diameter weighing in at approximately 5lb’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below