Propeller

Monday, February 20, 2017

"Scrutiny Needed”, Nesbeth tells Youth View Awards Organizers [WATCH VIDEO]


Reggae star Nesbeth became the hot button topic of discussion over the weekend due to a post he made on social media following the 2017 installment of the Youth View Awards ceremony held at the National Indoor Sports Centre on Saturday evening. The video has sent tongues wagging amplifying a cadre of speculations for his action.

However, Nesbeth has moved to quell growing assertions and set the record straight. Alluding to him not receiving an award for his double nomination in the categories of “Cultural Artiste of the Year” and “Song of the Year” for the monster hit ‘My Dream’. The singer says it was equally disheartening to his fans and intimated the Youth View Awards ‘needs scrutiny’.   

“The Youth View Awards needs scrutiny; it’s obvious their process of transparency is not as the public perceives. Prior to the ceremony I had received a surfeit of complaints from fans across the globe saying they were unable to cast a vote. I myself tried once just to verify, when I visited the site for the first time I was advised that ‘I had already voted’ how is that even possible?” 

Nesbeth continued, “‘My Dream’ was the biggest anthem of 2016, I won’t even allude to all its accomplishments but I guess the organizers are telling the public that the ‘youths’ are of a different view. Secondly we have to look at the real underlying message of what is being sent by the organizers to the younger generation. The truth is ‘Good’ is never generally rewarded in a world that craves negativity, but I will not allow that to deter me from continuing to inspire the ‘youths’ and the people of this world with positive music.” 

Meanwhile, the Rastafarian crooner is schedule to depart the island later this week for a month-long sojourn in Europe with stops in Sweden, Finland, France, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Poland, Austria and Switzerland among several other European states amid promotion of his video for ‘Live Every Minute’ and latest single ‘New Gangster’. Nesbeth is also expected to premier the official video for ‘Road To Glory’ directed by RD Studios in the days ahead, the visuals were shot throughout the Kingston metropolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below