Propeller

Monday, May 15, 2017

George Nooks Releases New Song Amidst Cocaine Controversy


Reggae singer George Nooks has a new song in rotation. The track, I Must Tell Jesus , was released last Friday on the singer's Total Records imprint.“This song is my prayer for the tribulations that I have been going through in my life and it could be seen as a source of inspiration for anyone going through testing times. It has no references to my ongoing court case, respect to the disc jocks who are supporting the project,” he said.

Nooks issued a statement apologising to disappointed fans upset over his exclusion from a concert dubbed 'A Gift for Mom' which was held at the National Arena yesterday.

“I would like to apologise to my fans who were looking forward to seeing me perform at the Mother's Day concert on Sunday. I am aware that many people have already booked travel and accommodation and also were simply looking forward to it, as was I. All I can say is that I'm truly sorry . Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm gonna have to keep my head up and get on with it as usual, but I hope you can all stick by me as you have always done,” the statement read.

“I wish the organisers well, and hope that the fans have a wonderful time but I know that my songs will be missed from this event, I want to thank the concert organisers and promoters who have been standing by me in this my darkest hour, and who have re-confirmed my upcoming shows and events.”

The singer was scheduled to appear alongside local acts Sanchez and Romain Virgo, as well as American R&B act Freddie Jackson.

Nooks was arrested on May 6 by the Corporate Area police after a bag containing just under two ounces of cocaine was found in his possession. He was offered station bail in the sum of $80,000 and is scheduled to face the Kingston & St Andrew Parish Court on Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below