Propeller

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Markus Myrie Wins 'Producer Of The Year' Award

Despite being a virtual unknown at the start of 2012, Markus Myrie the son of incarcerated Reggae superstar Buju Banton has found himself at the top of the heap after being named 'Producer Of The Year' in the Jamaica Star 2012 People's Choice Awards (SPCA).

The young Myrie was the only rookie among a group of seasoned Dancehall and Reggae producers, so winning the award is an even greater achievement for him.

According to the Markus Records head honcho, "I'm grateful and I want to thank God and my fans. It shows that if you put in the work, you will reap the rewards." He continued, "Early last year, I did an interview and say I hope I win Producer of the Year, and people did laugh and a say me a idiot etc., but look at me now. So this year, I'm aiming for the billboard chart,"

Other contenders in the category included: Chimney Records, UIM Records, TJ Records, Teetimus, Cashflow Records and Washroom Entertainment.

Myrie's win comes after scoring his first No.1 for Bounty Killer and I-Octane's 'Badmind Dem A Pree' and the signing of Dancehall newcomers D'East and Bryka to his recording imprint. Bar Bounce Rhythm is latest release has been enjoying heavy rotation and features ace deejays Mavado, Blak Ryno, Beenie Man, Ninja Kid, Flexx, Kiprich, I-Octane among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below