Propeller

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Konshens A Double Winner At NYC Linkage Awards

Red hot Dancehall star Konshens walked away a big winner at the recently held Linkage Awards. The event took place in Mount Vernon, New York and saw the dancehall superstar copping awards for Entertainer of the Year and Most Consistent Recording Artiste.

In a release to the media, Konshens said winning the awards was a proud accomplishment. ‘Feels very good to have won the awards and there were many great people in attendance, my peers as well as veterans in my field. This showed me just how important and prestigious these awards are. I’m very proud’, Konshens explained.

The Linkage Awards win put the cap on a progressive week for Konshens in the tri-state area. Earlier in the week he did three performances, namely in Connecticut, Club Amazuru, New York and in Albany, New York.

‘I did DJ Buck of Hot 93.7’s birthday, then Willie Daniels’ birthday party in Albany, and Hot 97/Metro PCs 5 Borough tour with Mavado. All three events were successful’, Konshens stated.

Konshens is the sole Jamaican act booked for the 22nd staging of the annual St Lucia Jazz Festival. The thirteen day event runs from April 30th to May 12th and will feature performances from R&B stars Ginuwine, Akon, R Kelly, the Jacksons, and the O’Jays among many others. Commenting on his inclusion on the lineup of one of the most anticipated events on the Caribbean entertainment calendar, Konshens said ‘Nowadays I am pretty much happy to entertain anyone on any show wherever in the world, or whether it’s a big or a small show. I have a new love for my fans and I see this as a great opportunity to visit my fans in St Lucia’.

Konshens will be staging a free concert for all his fans on April 12 at the South Beach Sports Bar in Kingston. The artiste will then head to Columbia, Canada, New York and Europe for scheduled performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below