Propeller

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Homosexual Imprisoned For Throwing Acid on Another Man


A self-proclaimed homosexual yesterday drew reference to lines from dancehall artiste Alkaline's 2013 hit 'My Life (Lowe Mi)' as he sought to justify why he threw acid on a man whom he alleges, provoked him on a regular basis.

He was sentenced to nine months imprisonment for the offence, however, not before boldly stating, "Dem fi lowe mi mek mi live mi life! Mi a homosexual, it's my life."

When the matter was called up in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court, the accused, Marlon Hamilton, pleaded guilty to the offence.

He is charged with assault occasioning grievous bodily harm. Hamilton explained to the court, "Your Honour, mi walk like a girl and mi nuh business. Him and him fren dem always a trouble me. Him a trouble- maker. Him see mi and box mi up tru mi a live my life. Mi tired a it. A my life! Mi nah trouble dem. Mi mek all report to the Hunts Bay police bout it. Mi jus tired a it, so mi throw di something on him."

The complainant received burns to his face and right side of his body. Senior Resident Magistrate Judith Pusey said, "You know how much time people trouble me? That doesn't give you a reason to be walking around with acid."

Hamilton told the court that he did not walk with the acid. He claims it was given to him."I never walk with it, Your Honour. A somebody give it to me. Mi tek it and throw on him and see it here, some of it catch me."

After his sentence was handed down, he said, "Thank you, thank you, yuh hear? Mi will do my time."

A fingerprint order was also made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below