Propeller

Monday, August 24, 2015

Dancehall Artiste Accuse Mavado Of Stealing Slang


Up-and-coming artiste VJay Lue, better known as Louie V, has accused dancehall superstar Mavado of stealing his slang.

According to Louie V, he is the creator of the 'Up Like 7' slang, made popular by Mavado's song of the same name.

"I am a trendsetter and I am not getting the recognition I deserve, even though I am extraordinarily talented," he said.

According to Louie V, he originally released the slang in a mixtape in 2012, but it was not until 2015 that it gained traction.

He also provided a copy of the 2012 mixtape for the media to hear.

"I used to walk and sell the mixtapes and I also placed the mixtape on DatPiff.com, so my slang has been around for two years. The slang came to me while doing a freestyle over Big Sean's Clique song."

He went on to say that he was not seeking monetary compensation, but wanted to be known as the originator and creator of the concept.

"I haven't tried contacting Mavado because I know I wouldn't get an answer. Is not like me want a money ... I just want my recognition. That's all," he stated.

Efforts to contact Mavado for a comment proved futile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below