Propeller

Sunday, August 2, 2015

"I Am Not A Gospel Singer... I'm A Dancehall Artiste" - Ishawna Tells Critics


Risqué dancehall artiste Ishawna  who has been at the helm of several controversies in recent time is once again the focus of more criticism following a review of this year's staging of Reggae Sumfest by various industry critics.

While admitting that she had a great set, persons are saying that Ishawna's Sumfest attire was entirely  inappropriate and she needs to work on improving her stage craft. However, the dancehall artiste is not troubled by what persons have to say.

"That's a good thing. I would be worried if some people didn't have a problem with it. I'd be like dang my mission wasn't accomplished," she said jokingly.

When asked if it was her intention to turn heads, Ishawna said she only had one intention and that was not it.

"My intention was just to be me, be sexy and be confident. I am not Chevelle Franklyn, I am not a gospel singer. I am a dancehall artiste." 

Ishawna says she feels great about the reception she got from patrons at the show. She lauded her fans and her team at Downsound Records who she says worked hard to make her Sumfest debut a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below