Propeller

Friday, June 16, 2017

'Happy' Times for Dancehall Artiste Govana [WATCH VIDEO]


These are indeed good times for deejay Govana. The 4th Genna recording artiste has struck a chord with his latest single Happy , produced by Dinero Productions.

Happy is making an impact on the dancehall landscape. It is also making its way up several local charts.

Formerly known as Deablo, Govana (real name Romeo Nelson) has seen his stocks rise in recent months. He credits his resurgence to his new team and strategic approach.

“A lot of things are happening for me right now; for that I am very thankful. I have learnt a lot over the years — the dos and don'ts. Those are the lessons I am now applying. Since my last hit, I've been using the time to hone my skill set and learn the business of entertainment so I can take a more professional approach to the industry,” Govana told Splash.

Three years ago, he tasted success when he was featured on Aidonia's chart-topping single Run Road. But Govana is intent on charting his own course.

“The journey has been like a roller coaster in a lot of way, but there is nothing that I regret. The tougher the battle, the sweeter the victory. I've had to fight to reach where I am and the fighting has helped me to cement myself in the streets of Jamaica. I've paid my toll and I'm happy to finally see the highway,” he added.

The Spanish Town-based Govana has already followed up with two buzzworthy songs: No Complaining (produced by e5 Records) and Sky a Drop (4th Genna Music), which features Mad Cobra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below