Propeller

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Bugle, Shuga Collaborates On 'Replay'


Reggae artiste Bugle and female artiste Shuga recently shared the stage at Appleton Signature Nights, where the two gave a performance many are still talking about.

With a buzz still surrounding that set, the two have collaborated on a song, Replay, which they are currently promoting.

Bugle listed Shuga as one of the female artistes he has admired over the years and told THE STAR that he has the utmost respect for her and what she brings to the table as an entertainer.

"I've been admiring her talent from she was on Digicel Rising Stars and knew that I would eventually work with her. I just didn't know when it was going to happen," he said. "When the producer contacted me and sent that Replay track, I was ready, so all I said was, 'Let's get it done'."

Shuga, who hinted at the collab last month, also spoke highly of Bugle. She described the artiste as professional and said it was a joy working with him.

"Bugle is the type of artiste that really loves music, and so he just wants to get the best record out. He is very professional and precise with what he wants, and so it was easy working with him," she said.

Acknowledging that female artistes are usually marginalised in the music business, the Compatible singer said he enjoys working with females and encouraged the industry to be more open and welcoming of women.

"It's always fun working with female artistes. Female artistes are very passionate about their work, well at least the ones that I've worked with. I worked with Alaine on my first album. I worked with Queen Ifrica, Lady Saw, Tifa, and now, Shuga," Bugle said. "They all have that same passion about their work/music, so it's always a joy for me working with female acts, and I know if given the chance, many of them can and will make an impact on the industry."

Replay is already getting steady rotation on the BBC and other international media outlets.

Shuga, who is also gearing up to release the music video for her song Phenomenal Woman, says she is set to take her place in the industry and vows that "the music is getting better with time, and I am breaking new boundaries".

A video for Replay could also be released soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below