Propeller

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I-Octane Wraps Up Media Promotions In New York

Reggae recording artist, I-Octane completed a media blitz last week in New York City, captivating the local media personalities and charming reggae fans with his charisma just days ahead of his impending "My Life" Tour.

Last week's promotional tour commenced with a press conference and "meet and greet" on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 6:30 pm. Hosted by New York City eatery, Negril Village Restaurant, the press conference was moderated by Pat McKay of Sirius Satellite Radio.  Though a snow storm loomed over Manhattan, media houses and fans filled the venue where I-Octane posed for photographs and signed autographs.
The singjay surprised those in attendance with an impromptu performance of hit singles "My Life," "Lose A Friend," "No Love Inna Them" and serenaded Pat McKay with "Everytime You Touch Me."  The inclement weather resulted in the cancellation of a scheduled performance later that night at Waah Gwaan Wednesdays at Temptations Night Club in Brooklyn. 

On Thursday, January 27th, I-Octane braved the cold weather and made his way to Sirius Satellite Radio where he was interviewed by Pat McKay. Other interviews included, Caribbean Billboard Radio with host Chip Smith, Road Block Radio with Banky Hype, Irie Jam Radio with DJ Roy, ReggaeSpin with Keveon, Hot 97 Boston with VOG and DJ Kool, E2onair with Judith Kitson and Linkup Radio with DJ Kevin Crown.

On Saturday, January 29th I-Octane hosted Upscale Crowd's "Fantasy Saturdays" at Rebel NYC.  The singer performed "My Life," "No Love Inna Dem" and "Lose A Friend" for partygoers.

I-Octane rounded out the weekend with interviews on 105.1FM with DJ Norie and 107.5 FM's Caribbean Fever with Dahved Levy on Sunday, January 30, 2011.  Additionally, the singer had a photo shoot with noted photographer Stephanie Foxx, who has photographed Third World Band, BB King, Johnny Cash, Actor Michael Pitt, Reverend Run, Kimora Lee Simmons, Elle Magazine, New York Times and clothing label, Channel, to name a few.

I-Octane remarks, "I am very happy with the turn out of the media tour - NY treated me well.  I look forward to returning to do shows in Brooklyn and Manhattan.  I am thankful to all the radio personalities who interviewed me, it was truly a pleasure.  To my team, thanks for now making my life easy like 1-2-3."       

Now back in Jamaica, I-Octane is prepping for his "My Life" tour which will kick off on Friday February 4, 2011 with a performance in Dallas, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below