Propeller

Monday, January 28, 2013

Digicel Re-Signs I-Octane As Brand Ambassador

Reggae/dancehall star I-Octane proved once again that he is indeed a force to be reckoned with.

He proved just that when he stepped onto the Rebel Salute stage over the weekend, wowing the audience, many of whom could hardly contain their excitement for the reggae star. In one of the best performances of the night, I-Octane reminded fans why he is one of the top emerging acts in Jamaica. The energetic artiste was true to form and every song he performed incited a frenzy within the crowd.

With a structured set that gradually gained momentum, I-Octane fired off an onslaught of hits including his most recent single, Gal a Gimme Bun, Bad Mind Dem a Pree, More Love and We Love the Vibes. And indeed the crowd did enjoy ‘the vibes’ as Octane’s high energy set saw fans singing along with every tune he delivered. I-Octane paced his set well, pausing at intervals during his performance to speak with fans.

According to the artiste, it is always a pleasure to perform for his fans.

"It was a good night, I fulljoyed myself. Bless up all the fans for their support and big up Tony Rebel," he said.

After an exceptional response to his set, the reggae star also made an appearance at the popular Chug It event which was held in Portmore on Sunday. I-Octane could do no wrong for the eager crowd. Seeing the musical thirst of the audience, I-Octane wasted no time in showcasing his vocal ability, electrifying the beach with his heart pounding performance.

To top off a great weekend and week, I-Octane, after a successful two year partnership with telecommunications giant Digicel, has been re-signed as one of their brand ambassadors. He did a 15 minute set in front of a small audience along with the Riddim 2000 band at the re-signing event held inside the Big Yard Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below