Propeller

Monday, May 4, 2015

Busy Signal Misses Concert After Being Sent Home By Panamanian Immigration


Busy Signal reportedly did not get the chance to perform at the Jump Festival in Colombia over the weekend because he was stopped in Panama enroute to Colombia and sent back to Jamaica.

A message on his Twitter page read: “To all my fans in Bogota, Colombia. I regret to inform you all that I will not make it to this year’s Jump Festival. I encountered obstacles while on my journey to Bogota which was far beyond my control. I am deeply hurt and disappointed as you will be. I was really looking forward to perform for you all. Turf Music Entertainment and the organizers of Jump Fest are in communication to finalize a new date in the near Future. My Sincere Apologies. HOTTED!! TURF!!”

Calls to his management team were not immediately returned.

Busy Signal has faced “challenges” in the past. He was detained in London in May 2012 while on tour, then deported to Jamaica where he was arrested and later extradited to the United States. While in the US, he pleaded guilty to absconding bail in the US and was sentenced to six months.

Busy had pleaded guilty in July, to one count of failure to appear in court, admitting that he left the United States 10 years ago, before a scheduled trial on drug charges.

He was deported to the island several months later in late 2012, after serving time in a US prison. At that time, he was charged by the local police with obtaining passports in a false name. The charges stemmed from his earlier arrest in 2012 on an extradition warrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below