Propeller

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Ding Dong, The New Ambassador For Stag Beer

Things seem to be looking up even more for dancer-turned-deejay Ding Dong as he is now a brand ambassador for Stag Beer.

Stag Beer is being distributed in Jamaica by Wray & Nephew and Ding Dong said he was recently signed as an ambassador. A dancer before he became a recording artiste, he describes this as a major accomplishment for persons in his field.

"I am excited, and the reason I am so excited is because a lot of corporate companies look at dancers as just a phase. So this is like a gate opener for me," he told the Media, noting that the beer would be launched this month.

"We (dancers) pull a lot of crowds and we are very influential, so I don't know why it is so hard for them (corporate companies) to see that we are not just a phase - we are here to stay. This will show that I am very marketable, and this will give me a lot of promotion and connections within the entire Caribbean."

He added that he is proud to represent Stag Beer because "I love the beer myself. If I never loved it, I wouldn't do it."

But that is not the only Caribbean connection for Ding Dong. Recently, his song Lowe Mi Nuh, was remixed by Trinidadian Bunji Garlin. This is the second time someone is remixing the song as some weeks ago, Sean Paul added his voice to the track.
Ding Dong said Bunji had already heard the song and found favour with it, so getting him to do a remix was a seamless process.

"Once I called and gave him the idea, it was done within days," he said, noting that this remix with Bunji would help him to connect with the Caribbean market.

Ding Dong also said he is eager to do a music video for the song but said it would be highly dependent on the schedules of all three persons on the remix.

"It is a huge moment in my career. I aim to capitalise on every single inch of this song. It is just a blessing," he added.

As Lowe Mi Nuh continues to gain momentum, Ding Dong is already busy releasing other songs. He has released Are You Ready on Sean Paul's Full Speed rhythm and will be releasing PG 13 in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below