Propeller

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Tommy Lee Sparta Says He's Being Targeted By The Police & 'Marked For Death' [LISTEN AUDIO]


After being barred by the Police High Command from performing at this year's Reggae Sumfest and subsequently taken in for questioning in relation to several crimes committed in the St. James parish, Gothic dancehall artiste Tommy Lee Sparta says he is being wrongfully targeted by the authorities.

Lee Sparta, via an audio recording released on social media says he is no gangster and is being targeted by the lawmen because of his past association with other controversial artistes. Living in Kingston for the past four years with his family the entertainer sad he decided to go public and speak on the issue as he believes the masses needs to know what's happening.


"As a dancehall artiste I am a public figure and how my music is portrayed, I sadly I have no physical control of my fans actions, however as a law abiding citizen doing business in Jamaica and across the world my security detail has always been members of the security force. I have never been in contact with the authorities until I became an artiste and I have never been to jail until I was targeted by the police, this is a fact. Some time ago I was taken in by the police and questioned they accused me of murder which they were determined to charge me for. This charge was proven to be false as I was at the Costa Rican embassy on the day this person was said to have been killed. This is not the first time I have been wrongfully targeted by the authorities." - Lee said.

Lee spoke about several other issues including being 'marked for death' and seriously considering to migrate as he needs to live in peace due to his genre of music being misunderstood.

In a recent interview Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) in charge of the St James division, Steve Mcgregor says Tommy Lee Sparta is second in command of the Sparta gang based on intelligence. 

Since the revelation Lee Sparta has taken to social media threatening to take legal action against the authorities for financial compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below