Propeller

Friday, May 25, 2018

Mad Patience Promises Something New For Dancehall [LISTEN AUDIO]


Mad Patience is not a name many in the entertainment industry are familiar with.

But in a recent interview with THE WEEKEND STAR, the artiste, who is the newest member of Aidonia's 4th Genna crew, says he is ready to become a household name in Jamaica.

"I won't say much, except that I'm versatile, I'm a part of one of the baddest crews in dancehall right now, and I'm coming with something Jamaica has never seen before," he said.

The 25-year-old artiste, whose given name is Trevonne Phillips, says although he has his sights set on building a career in music, he had no intentions of being an artiste.

"Me nuh know if the story believable, but me did just deh school one day, and I had some friends weh dance. They messaged me and tell me say fi meet dem a Big Yaad Studio, and when me reach, me realise say me really deh a one studio. Me see Shabba, and the whole environment was just captivating," he said. "They told me then that is record they wanted us to record because there was this artiste there that came from France, and he wanted like a choir kinda vibe on his song. We did affi memorise him song and record a likkle thing, and a from deh so me start look into music because it really did just come right a me foot."

That encounter was eight years ago, and at that moment, Mad Patience fell in love with music and began pursuing it professionally.

It took him some time, but he eventually made a link with Aidonia's crew, and with the help of his music family, he believes the time has come for him to introduce himself to Jamaica.

"Me learn a lot from Aidonia and 4th Genna. Me learn how to perform on stage from all the shows weh Aidonia carry me all over Jamaica. Me learn how to deliver me song dem, how fi write music, spend time on the product, how to promote me music. Me get whole heap a support from the camp weh help fi build me the real way, and now me ready," he said. "When we a come a di forefront, we wah make sure we have all the confidence in our craft, and me hold back until me reach deh so, and now, we a push forward straight."

The artiste is currently promoting his single, Cyaah Manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below