Propeller

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Jah Cure Releases His 6th Solo Album 'World Cry'

Internationally acclaimed Reggae singer, Jah Cure has finally dropped his much anticipated album, World Cry.

Marking the entertainer’s sixth solo album to date, Jah Cure insists that World Cry I his greatest work yet. The compilation, released digitally on iTunes and Amazon.com on Tuesday, features a number of prominent American musicians, including Rick Ross and Jasmine Sullivan as well as late, great rap superstar, Tupac Shakur for the single, All By Myself.

In an interview with the media, Jah Cure spoke glowingly of his latest project.

"This is one of the biggest albums released from a Jamaican artiste. This is the hardest I've worked on an album cause I always want my work to be better than the last and I always want it to be top-notch,” he said.

Jah Cure admitted the process behind making World Cry was strenuous. But the prominent entertainer stresses that this album is worth the wait.

“I put in a lot of hard work in this album,” he said. “I never really released a lot of singles in 2012 cause I didn’t want to cheapen my album by flooding the market with singles, so fans can just look out for World Cry on iTunes now.”

That cautious approach has paid early dividends for Jah Cure. World Cry is already number two on the Reggae iTunes chart. Additionally, the compilation earned top five slots on digital charts in France, the United States and the United Kingdom.

For Jah Cure, World Cry’s success marks another positive step for Reggae music on the global stage.

“It’s a great day in my career, and a good look for Reggae,” Jah Cure said in a press release issued Thursday. “To know say for this long time, Bob ah hold it, and to know that we are still alive and touch it, it shows that we must follow up and continue to represent for Reggae.”

In the meantime, Jah Cure released the official video for his single, That Girl over the weekend, to rave reviews and will be promoting his new album ahead of upcoming shows in Dubai and Kenya on December 15 and 17 respectively.

Additionally, Jah Cure revealed that he’s already working on a new album, stating that the release of the compilation’s first single, Across 110 Street, will be on July 28, 2013, which marks six years to the day that the singer was released from prison after being convicted of rape and gun charges.

“Every year I will release something new on that date because that’s the day when I gained my freedom and it is a significant milestone in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below