Propeller

Monday, June 1, 2015

Spice Takes Home 3 Star Awards

The Star awards concluded Saturday night, with dancehall artiste Spice taking home three awards for her work in 2014.

The recording artiste won the awards for the Female Deejay of the Year, Performer of the Year and Music Video of the Year for her video So Mi Like It.

According to the deejay, she was overwhelmed during the presentations. "I am overwhelmed and of my three awards, I am more proud to be awarded Performer of the Year, because I went up against people like Bounty Killer and Beenie Man. Those persons are icons so to win the award this year, is definitely something I am very proud of," Spice stated.

As for the formula she employed to reap success in 2014, Spice says she was tired of being overlooked.

"I have always been working hard and I never felt that I was getting the respect I deserve. So in 2014 I decided that I was going to put my all into it and thanks to my fans it paid off. When The STAR put up the polls I was jumping in my room because I saw that the people recognised my work, hence they were voting for me,"she said.

Other winners for the night include Vybz Kartel who won Deejay of the Year and Chimney Records which won Producer of the Year among others.

Sizzla Kalongi, who received the Lifetime Achievement Award, gave a strong and positive performance, showing patrons why he deserved the honour bestowed on him by the news tabloid.

There were also energetic performances from Kalado, Demarco, Spice, Raytid, Chi Ching Ching and Ding Dong among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below