Propeller

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Dancehall Artiste Car Shot Up, Entertainer Force To Run For His Life


After his car was shot at while leaving an event in the Riverton community on Sunday night, dancehall artiste Radijah says he is lucky to have escaped the attack with his life.

Speaking with the media yesterday, Radijah explained that he is still surprised by the incident as he has no beef with anyone.

"I don't have any issues with anybody. I used to work with a label from there and we don't work no more, but as far as I know, we don't have any beef. I was at a party and I was getting ready to leave for a next one. As I stopped at an intersection to let through a car, I saw a masked man approaching the car digging for his waist," he said, adding that he reported the matter to the police.

"As I tried to speed off, the car stalled because it is a standard, and the man started to open fire on the car. I had to run off and then he started to fire shots at me. When I reached the main road, leaving my car behind, I begged the people driving past to carry me, but nobody did for a while. So I stood in hiding until somebody finally decided to take the chance and carry me to Three Miles. Then I headed to the police station," he said.

An officer at the Hunts Bay Police Station confirmed receiving the report and added that the shooting occurred shortly before 1 a.m.

Radijah, who hails from Spanish Town but resided in Riverton, Kingston for a short while, said he believes the resurgence of his music career is becoming an issue for his musical rivals.

"Nobody wanted to do me anything when my career went under the radar after the Walk Like a Dog single. I went overseas and got a record deal and come back a try my best to feed my family and something positive with my life and a this happen. So to me, this must be bad-mind-related," he said.

Radijah recently signed a lucrative record deal with overseas-based record label Rags to Riches Records. He is currently promoting a new dance single called Thot Whine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below