Propeller

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Lady Saw Contemplate Baptism & Switching To Gospel

The Jamaican music industry may be witnessing the transformation of one of its icons as a prominent and well decorated female deejay has been considering a musical and spiritual shift.

Known for her raunchy, no-holds-barred musical persona, the Queen of Dancehall, Lady Saw shocked fans by tweeting that she has been contemplating baptism after going through a spiritual transformation in recent months.

"Been thinking of getting baptized from about six months now, but then some people draw me out and I end up cussing them out. Well not anymore," she tweeted.

Lady Saw reaffirmed her claims insisting that her new single, Heels On would be her last Dancehall song, as she makes the transition into the gospel genre.. Insisting that this was no joke nor publicity stunt, she later confirmed with members of the media. Lady Saw revealed that she has scarcely released Dancehall singles over the last nine months due to the spiritual transformation she’s experiencing.

"To all record producers, the reason why I didn't record your songs from nine months ago until now is cuz of what I've been experiencing, u get it," she tweeted.

Lady Saw has been dealing with her share of off-stage drama in recent weeks after discovering that her beau of 17 years and prominent producer, Lloyd ‘John John’ James had impregnated another woman. This prompted Lady Saw to rant via social media before revealing in a radio interview that she would stick by her man despite his infidelity.

Lady Saw also revealed that she had been going through a number of experiences while in Florida and back in Jamaica that made her seek God through her times of troubles.

"I have some shows to do that I already got paid for so after that am out. Sometimes I am talking to God and I just find myself humming and coming up with melodies, so I am struggling with both sides because nobody is perfect. I have been talking to a lot of Christians, and I have been contemplating baptism, but I did that when I was younger because of my father, so maybe since this time it will be a renewal baptism," she tweeted.

In addition to Heels On, Lady Saw released another single dubbed Age Is Just A Number on the DJ Smurf-produced Radioactive Rhythm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below