Propeller

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Police Issues Arrest Warrant For L.A Lewis

According to an article published in Tuesday's edition of the Jamaica Star, a warrant is now out for the arrest of dancehall personality and graffiti artist  L.A Lewis after he failed to appear before the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's court on Monday to answer charges of littering.

The dancehall enigma, whose real name is Horace Lewis, was fined for breaches of the National Solid Waste Act. The National Solid Waste Management Authority (NSWMA) had slapped the deejay with a $70,000 fine after they alleged that he defaced public spaces.

In a previous interview, the deejay had said that he will not be paying for the wrong doing of others and that he intends to consult his attorney.

"All I know is that when I heard the rumour, I went by the NSWMA office, and an officer told me that they are charging me for my name being around the Corporate Area," he said.

The deejay had further claimed: "They showed me seven signs, the signs read '2012, Vote L.A Lewis for PNP Member of Parliament'. I was frightened when I found out that they were going to charge me because I don't know anything about these signs, the only thing I can do is to appeal to my fans to stop doing it."

The deejay in further pleading his case had said, "There is no constitutional law to back what they are doing because they can't charge me for the actions of other people. My name is graffiti in Negril and overseas. I don't have no time for these things because I am focusing on my recording and marketing company."

A prior release from the NSWMA had stated that Lewis had defaced seven locations. It further stated that these acts of public defacement by Lewis and his cronies show a blatant disregard for the law.

The NSWMA said Lewis, who refused to accept the tickets, had 21 days to pay the fines, or appear before the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court.

Lewis was also issued with removal notices for the seven areas that were recently defaced. The agency said failure to comply with the removal notices within 14 days would see Lewis facing fines of up to $700,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment in the box provided below